The Oregon Postal Workers Union conducted their Fall Seminar at the local Union Office. Shout out to the instructors: Regional Coordinator Omar Gonzalez, National Business Agents Brian Dunn, Brian Dunsmore, Louis Kingsley, Hector Baez and EAP Consultant Sarah Meyer. Appreciation to all the officers and stewards from around the state who took time from their weekend to attend.
Photo by Nathan Richardson
October 16 Voter Registration Deadline, State of Oregon
October 17 Local Executive Board Meeting – 1:30 pm, Union Hall
October 20 OPWU Fall Seminar – 9:30 am , Union Hall
October 21 OPWU Fall Seminar – 10:00, Union Hall
October 21 General Membership Meeting – 6:30 pm, Union Hall
October 29 In Person Voter Registration Deadline, State of Washington
October 31 BOO
Thank you to all who attended the National Day of Action. We very much appreciate the support of all our sisters and brothers from the community.
September 6-10: Local Campout
Silver Falls State Park, Group Site B
Food and Equipment Not Provided
September 12, 2018: Executive Board Meeting 1:30 pm
September 16, 2018: Executive Council Meeting 5:00 pm,
General Membership Meeting 6:30 pm
The APWU won a grievance at the national level that resulted in a settlement for the Clerks in the installations that had sales retention team (SRT) sites. Portland is one of the 13 sites that shall receive a financial remedy. The time period that Portland employees would need to be a Clerk is from PP03-2014 through PP08-2017.
- Each employee/retiree (Members and non-Members) is able to log onto the APWU website and then click on the Members Only tab. www.apwu.org
- Then “CLICK HERE” without logging in tab under the Sales Retention Team header.
- At this point you will be able to enter your EIN (located on the upper left hand corner of an old/current payroll stub)
- You will then see your name and the number of credits you have been identified as receiving covering the duration of the grievance period listed, if you qualified. Many employees will see “ZERO” if they failed to meet the qualification of being a full-time Clerk in the site installation during the time period of the grievance. Any employee excessed from the site installation during the period of the grievance period would not be qualified.
- The Total Amount to be paid will show “TBD” (to be determined) until such time as the National Union can determine the amount of each credit. We do not currently know the total monetary amounts.
Questions or concerns will be addressed at the Local level. National APWU will refer all enquires to the local APWU office.