Local Memorandum of Understanding negotiations time is fast approaching. What is the Local Memorandum of Understanding? The LMOU, as it is commonly referred, is a local contract that covers issues that the National Contract allows us to negotiate locally. The 22 Items listed below are what we are authorized to locally negotiate. This allows us to create language for each installation. All the installations that the Portland local represents have a LMOU. The LMOU for the Portland Local offices can be found on this site. If you have any questions, comments or contributions, come to a caucus, contact your steward or the Local office. The negotiation period commences May 23, 2022, and ends on July 22, 2022.
Clerk Craft LMOU Caucus at local office:
May 3, 2022 12:00 pm
May 4, 2022 6:00 pm
May 12, 2022 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
22 Specific Items for LMOU Negotiations
1. Additional or longer wash-up periods.
2. The establishment of a regular work week of five (5) days with either fixed or rotating days off.
3. Guidelines for the curtailment or termination of postal operations to conform to orders of local authorities or as local conditions warrant because of emergency conditions.
4. Formulation of local leave program.
5. The duration of the choice vacation period(s).
6. The determination of the beginning day of an employee’s vacation period.
7. Whether employees at their option may request two (2) selections during the choice vacation period, in units of either five (5) or ten (10) days.
8. Whether jury duty and attendance at National or State Conventions shall be charged to the choice vacation period.
9. Determination of the maximum number of employees who shall receive leave each week during the choice vacation period.
10. The issuance of official notices to each employee of the vacation schedule approved for such employee.
11. Determination of the date and means of notifying employees of the beginning of the new leave year.
12. The procedures for submission of applications for annual leave during other than the choice vacation period.
13. The method of selecting employees to work on a holiday.
14. Whether Overtime Desired Lists in Article 8 shall be by section and/or tour.
15. The number of light duty assignments within each craft or occupational group to be reserved for temporary or permanent light duty assignment.
16. The method to be used in reserving light duty assignments so that no regularly assigned member of the regular workforce will be adversely affected.
17. The identification of assignments that are to be considered light duty within each craft represented in the office.
18. The identification of assignments comprising a section, when it is proposed to reassign within an installation employees excess to the needs of a section.
19. The assignment of employee parking spaces.
20. The determination as to whether annual leave to attend Union activities requested prior to determination of the choice vacation schedule is to be part of the total choice vacation plan.
21. Those other items which are subject to local negotiations as provided in the craft provisions of this Agreement.
22. Local implementation of this Agreement relating to seniority, reassignments and posting.