OPWU scholarship application
Rules and Guidelines for Oregon Postal Workers Union
And Auxiliary Scholarship Program
- The student must be a child of an active or deceased member of a local or MAL (Member at Large) that is a member of the OPWU (Oregon Postal Workers Union)
- The student’s parent must have been a member of the OPWU in good standing for a total of at least One Year immediately preceding application or must have been a member for at least One Year immediately preceding death.
- The student must be a senior attending high school or other corresponding secondary school.
- The scholarship recipient must attend an accredited college, university or trade school of his or her choice. The student must make his or her own application to the college, university or trade school.
- The student’s application for the scholarship must be on an official application form. Completed application form must be sent to the OPWU and postmarked no later than the requested deadline. The 2015 Deadline is January 15, 2015.
- All questionnaires, secondary school reports and document must be postmarked in the year of graduation.
- The scholarship must be used towards pursuing an undergraduate degree or trade school certification.
- The OPWU will provide the following scholarship for 2015: 2 (two) – $1000 scholarships.
- The winner(s) will be judged on the basis of their secondary school reports, personal resume, commendations and recommendations.
- The Scholarship Selection Committee will make the decision as to awards. The decision of the selection committee will be final.
- The amount of the scholarship will be deposited with the college, university or trade school attended by the student. When the recipient notifies the OPWU he or she has registered, the award will be sent to the business office to be applied to the cost of tuition with the stipulation the any monies refunded to be sent to the OPWU Scholarship Fund.
- If the qualifying parent is in a supervisory capacity this will nullify the application of the graduating senior student regardless of local membership, be it a DCO (dues check off) case paying membership.
- Send completed application form and requests for additional forms to: Mike Parker, OPWU Auxiliary President, 6825 N. Fenwick, Portland, OR 97217.
The Portland Oregon Area Local next general membership meeting is scheduled for January 11, 2015 at 6:30 p.m.. We will also be conducting elections for delegates to the AFL-CIO Northwest Oregon Labor Council, all members in good standing are eligible to be nominated and elected.
The executive council will also be held January 11 from 5 to 6 p.m. The executive council is chaired by the Vice-President. Stewards are encouraged to attend the council meetings in addition to periodic training.
The Portland Oregon Area Local is hosting our annual recognition luncheon this year at the Riverview Restaurant in Troutdale, Oregon on January 3rd.
We are happy to once again invite last years retirees to attend, along with the appointed stewards, officers, and auxiliary.
The newly elected officers will be sworn in for their new term of office and we will hear from our APWU national director of organization, Anna Smith among other speakers.
Meet and greet starts at 12:30 p.m and brunch is set to begin at 1:30.
29311 Southeast Stark Street Troutdale, OR 97060
(503) 661-3663 http://www.yoshidariverview.com/
Portland Oregon Area Local T-Shirts
Last day to get your order in is December 26th, 2014
Available online at:
Mt. Hood clerks have been given some bad information or poorly relayed information from certain supervisors regarding their bidding rights and opportunities.
Every clerk at Mt. Hood is eligible to bid every assignment in the current vacancy notice with the exception of the tour two AFSM assignments.
The tour two AFSM assignments are being posted for administrative reasons. After the posting they will be offered to employees who have retreat rights to the tour 2 AFSM section.
One clarification for tour one employees. Retreat rights are only granted to those employees who remain in section and are involuntarily reassigned in January. However, those reassignments will be to the residual assignments that remain after the bidding process. Generally it is in your best interest to bid and choose for yourself the assignments that meet your needs and not wait to be involuntarily assigned to the leftovers.
Mt Hood December Vacancy Notice
Please ensure that you have your new password for bidding. You will still need your pin number to set up the new password. If you have lost your pin you will encounter problems and will have to contact shared services. Do so immediately!
This is from shared services:
Due to the Cyber Intrusion, the ability to reset pin numbers and passwords was temporarily removed. As of yesterday, access has been restored, but the new pin number or password must be mailed to the employee.
Please advise employees to call back to the HR Shared Service Center at 1-877-477-3273, Opt. 5, so that a representative may assist.
A PostalEase worksheet may also be completed to elect insurance if the employee has the enrollment code for the health insurance plan they wish to elect. The PostalEase worksheet can be obtained by doing a Google search for “PostalEase worksheet 2014”.
This worksheet may be mailed to the HRSSC for processing at:
HRSSC Benefits & Compensation
PO Box 970400
Greensboro, NC 27497-0400
Or Faxed to: 336-662-4073 or (336-662-4070)
HRSSC Benefits & Compensation
Due to the delivery standards changes coming in January operations are dramatically changing. This is the latest spreadsheet provided regarding the Portland changes –
Latest version of Portland
Mt Hood – Mt Hood changes